About this Policy
We have a simple approach to data protection and privacy which adheres to the 13 Australian Privacy Principles.
Our obligations under the Privacy Act 1988 (Privacy Act):
We collect your personal information so that we can provide you with the products, services or information that we supply. This may include your first name, last name, location, age, phone number, email address, postal address and payment details that you have provided when interacting with us. We may also collect information on how you use our website, your product preferences, opinions and other personal preferences. Other information that may be automatically collected when you visit our website include (without limitation) your Internet Service Provider (ISP), operating system, browser information, Internet Protocol (IP) address or other device identifiers, location and time/date stamp. At times, we may collect personal information from a third party or from a publicly available source, but only if you have consented to your information being used in this way, or would reasonably expect us to collect it in this way. We only collect this information from companies or sources that are allowed to disclose it to us. Below you will find a breakdown of the different ways your personal information is collected.
What we collect from you
User contact forms
When you fill out a contact form on our website, we will collect that information and use it to get in touch with you in response to your query. We may use the information to reach out to you to inform you of some of the services we provide, provided it is in line with your original query.
If you sign up to one of our mailing lists, this means that you have opted-in and have consented to us sending you emails relating to the services or products we provide as a company. Don't worry, we won't spam you. We send all emails as per the guidelines set out by the Australian Communications and Media Authority.
If you contact us for technical, product or other website related support, we may retain that information on record so as to process your request as well as for training purposes. Such information may include the transcript, emails or other information which was relayed by you and Maitland Skin Cancer Clinic throughout the support request process.
What we collect and receive from others
- 3rd party commenting (Disqus, Livefyre, IntenseDebate, Google+ etc)
- Social Network widgets and buttons (Pinterest, Twitter etc)
- Maps/Video and other embedded content
Where your personal information is contained in a user generated post or in a communication through a third party commenting system, please be aware that the comment may become, and remain public.
What we collect from your online activity
- Site performance indicators: these give us information on how our website is used, so that we can make the necessary improvements or amendments to make your experience better.
- Analytics Cookies: these give us the statistics to understand how many people are on our website, which areas are popular and which areas we need to work on.
- Advertising Cookies: we use these cookies to understand what type of advertising would be better suited to someone like you. That way, you would receive ads that are more likely to be relevant to you.
When it comes to direct marketing, no one likes being spammed. At Maitland Skin Cancer Clinic, we may use your personal information to send you advertising that is customised to your interests, characteristics or general location.
Opt-out: As with all direct marketing correspondence that you receive from us via email, there is always an unsubscribe button or link located at the bottom of the email. With this you can manage which messages you receive from us.
Use and Disclosure
We only use personal information for the purpose which was requested of us, or for the purposes which directly relate to one of our functions or activities. We will not provide your personal information to other entities or bodies, or any other party unless one of the following applies (as per and in line with APP 6 - use and disclosure of personal information):
- You have consented.
- You would reasonably expect, or have been informed, that information of such kind would be passed on to those individuals, entities or bodies (for more information, see subclause 6.2).
- It is otherwise required or authorised by law, or reasonably necessary for the enforcement of a criminal law or of a law imposing a pecuniary penalty, or for the protection of public revenue.
- It may prevent or lessen a serious and imminent threat to somebody's life or health.
Quality of Personal Information
Access and Correction
When no longer required or requested by you, all personal information is destroyed in a secure manner, unless required by law.
If you are not satisfied with the process of making a complaint to our Privacy Officer you may make a complaint to the Information Commissioner on the details below:
Office of the Australian Information Commissioner
GPO Box 5218 Sydney NSW 2001
Telephone: 1300 363 992
Fax: 02 9284 9666
How to Contact Us
We understand that your personal information is important to you and are thrilled that you made it this far! If you have any questions or concerns about this policy or our practices you can get in touch with us in the following ways:
Address: Maitland Skin Cancer Clinic, Suite 1/1 Albion St, Maitland, NSW 2320